Microsoft Software Engineer 2 (May 2012 – till date)
Worked across multiple Business Units, earlier – BingAds, BingAdsExpress, Display Advertising and most recently Bing India Bootstrap. Responsible for defining the feasibility scope, designing the solution, developing, testing the code and delivering a high quality product. Led a few projects from end to end with 2-3 engineers working. Followed the Agile methodology of software development and drove the Scrum meeting for the projects I led.
• DroneAcharya (Bing classroom Reference): Architected the foundation of DroneAcharya, a web based learning platform for grade K-12 students and teachers powered by Bing backend. In pilot, this learning platform improved the efficiency of teachers and students by reducing the search time spent on internet by 50% and help them focus more on quality content.
• Bing Date Answer: On boarded around 250 Indian festivals on Date Answer on Bing Search Result Page. The flight of this experience saw an 18% more traffic on the day of flight. As part of Date Answer effort, led a team of 3 to design, develop and deliver Designer Date Answer on Bing Search with the goal of a providing a rich user experience and stickiness.
• Display Advertising (Accounts): Owned the overall workflow of Advertiser and Agency accounts of Microsoft Display Advertising Business. Led a team of 2 engineers to stabilize the CRM Sync process. Designed and built an Alert and Monitoring for the sync job, which reduced the number of live site issues from about 10 per week to 1 per week.
• Click2Call (BingAdsExpress): Designed and Developed the Middle Tier of Click2Call feature in BingAdsExpress, that enabled the call metering and tracking the conversion for Small and Medium Businesses in BingAdsExpress and on launch resulted in 3X improvement in CTR and CEX impression.
• Opportunities (BingAds): Successfully delivered multiple features in Opportunities – Keyword Suggestion, Campaign Inline Bid Suggestion etc. In absence of a DB resource, picked up the Opportunities DB, built an easy to use UI for DB installation across several environments and improved performance of one of the business critical stored procedures by 200 times.
D. E. Shaw & Co Senior Member Technical (Aug 2010 – Apr 2012)
Responsible to maintain the back office infrastructure of Over the Counter trades done by D. E. Shaw Hedge funds. Automated a few of the existing processes that improved the productivity of the business user group.
• Designed and developed a unified solution to integrate reports from various confirmation platforms – DTCC, MarkitWire, eConforms – at one single place. This solution improved the tractability of trade disputes between D. E. Shaw & Co. and brokers and reduced the human intervention by almost 30%.
• Mentored and trained new hires on OTC market workflow.
Sun Microsystems Member Technical Staff 2 (Feb 2008 – Jul 2010)
Joined Sun Microsystems at MTS and was promoted to MTS 2 in a span of 6 months. Worked on the Systems Management Group of Solaris Cluster – A High Availability, Distributed Computing solution by Sun Microsystems.
• Delivered 2 minor and 1 major releases of Solaris Cluster – 3.2u2, 3.2u3 and Oracle Solaris Cluster 3.3
• Zone Clusters: Developed the easy to use CLI for Zone Clusters administration. Zone Clusters improved server utilization by 60%.
• Load Based Failover: Designed, developed the CLI and GUI administration for LBF feature. This feature improved the load distribution and performance of the Solaris Cluster product.
Reflexis Systems Software Engineer Specialist (Aug 2007 – Feb 2008)
• Developed the work force optimization engine for retailer Marks & Spencer’s. The solution provided to the retailer efficiently helped them manage their work forces across all levels from chain till store level.
Oracle Intern (June 2006 – Dec 2006)
• Interned in Oracle Retail group and learnt the forecasting and reporting tools used by Oracle Retail.
• Automated the weekly report generation that saved 8 hours per week of report generation time.
• Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani (Expected Dec, 2015)
Master of Technology (Software Systems)
• Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani (2007)
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science)
• Tools and Skills: Java, C#, C, SQL, ASP.Net MVC, Web API, Azure Web Services, jQuery(some), Bootstrap(some), Perl(some), Android(some), Windows phone 8(some), Sun Certified Java Programmer 1.6.
• Other Activities: Developed an android application to translate incoming SMS to Bing supported Indian languages. Developed a Windows Phone 8 app to aggregate Indian languages using Bing APIs.
• Professional Trainings: OOAD, SQL Server Optimization, Influencer, Situational Team Leadership, SEED Mentee at Sun.
AmberBrook, Animator at A9
Hi everyone, Done my master of arts in specialized journalism.Also an member of society of professional journalists since 2015 ...
melissattaylor, AT&T Customer service email at Bankbazaar
Je suis membre participant du chapitre de Virginie de l'Association nationale du travail social. J'aime lire et écrire ...