Shiyu LuoBAN USER
I am a CompSci graduate student looking for a full-time software engineer position.
S H I Y U L U O
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Dept. of Computer Sciences
1210 W. Dayton St., Rm. 5394
Madison, WI 53706-1685
Cell: (608) 320-8285
• M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering and Computer Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Aug. 2014.
• M.S. in Electrical Engineering, NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering, May 2010.
• B.S. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Univ. Electronic Sci. & Tech. of China. May 2009.
• Selected Graduate Coursework: Algorithms; Operating Systems; Database Management; Computer Vision; Machine Learning; Human-Computer Interaction (HCI).
Project Assistant, Jun. 2013 – Present
HCI laboratory, Department of Computer Sciences, UW-Madison
• Conducting research, system design and development in HCI.
• R&D focus on supporting HCI and HRI with novel technologies. Specifically on modeling human behaviors and developing systems that improve interaction efficiency and mutual understanding.
• Designed and implemented computer-based system for early children Autism Spectrum Detection. The evaluation on the system against the traditional human professional interview approach presents clear agreement.
• Studying human subjects arm motion, understanding human motion in achieving high-level effects, creating a perceptual foundation for motion synthesis for robot arms.
• Designed and co-implemented human tracking and interaction system with Nao robot. I am also the graduate supervisor of this project.
• Technology and programming language: System design and software development, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Human subject experiments (design, implementation, statistical data analysis); Microsoft Kinect, Nao robot, SMI Eye Tracking Glasses; C++, C#, Python, MATLAB.
Project Assistant, Jun. 2011 – Jun. 2013
Fundus Photograph Reading Center, Department of Ophthalmology, UW-Madison
• Conducted research and application development on retinal Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) image analysis.
• Research focuses included designing and implementing OCT image analysis algorithms and applications, with emphasis on retinal tissue layer segmentation and Spectrum Domain OCT image reconstruction.
• Co-designed and -developed createDICOM, DICOM Image Viewer, and UniversalOCT. These applications were capable of modifying and evaluating Digital Imaging and Communication in Medicine (DICOM) image files. These tools were mostly used by doctors and graders to manage and analyze retinal DICOM images.
• Co-work on update of FPRC eye photo DBMS and administrate the DMBS. Integrated createDICOM and DICOM Image Viewer with Microsoft SQL Server access capability.
• Technology and programming language: Software design and development, Computer Vision, Machine Learning; Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Studio; SQL, C#, MATLAB.
Independent R&D Work
Department of Computer Science, UW-Madison, Feb. 2014 – May 2014
• Implemented Hash Join method in SQLite
• On designed test data set, achieved 40%+ performance improvements
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, UW-Madison, Oct. 2010 – May 2011
• R&D focused on solving real world problems by applying computer algorithms.
• Developed automatic patter recognition and image classification algorithms for oil painting authentication and bees' genus and species recognition.
Data Center Analyst, Feb. 2010 – Jun. 2010
New York State Center for Advanced Technology in Telecommunication
• R&D focused on analyzing network data and improving network system.
• Constructed and tested data center network in virtual environment.
• Huang Y, Danis RP, Pak JW, Luo S, White J, et al. (2013) Development of a Semi-Automatic Segmentation Method for Retinal OCT Images Tested in Patients with Diabetic Macular Edema. PLoS ONE 8(12): e82922. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0082922
• Guest speaker at Coffee with TED, part of the Distinguish Lecture Series at University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Lecturer at Grandparents University at University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Fields and Methods: software development, computer vision, image processing, machine learning, animation design and implementation (Unity3D), Human subject experiments (design, implementation, statistical data analysis)
• Programming Languages: C, C++, C#.NET, Java, Python, MATLAB, Octave, R, SQL
kaylafgioia, Cloud Support Associate at Absolute Softech Ltd
Hi, I am Kayla from Elkins USA. I am working as Project management and I have professional 3-year experience in ...
nancysimms14, Backend Developer at ASAPInfosystemsPvtLtd
I am Nancy from California,Handling project development and documentation is my job. Passionate determined.Looking for an open project ...
Huge collection of cheap ammo for Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun & Rimfire from top brands you are looking for.